Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gingerbread girl - Happy Independence Day, Finns !


Eilen vietimme luokkalaisten kesken iltapäivällä pikkujouluja, ja tähän
asuun minä päädyin. Hamekankaan ostin Fidasta, ja tein siitä toissapäivänä kellohameen.
Tykkään todella paljon siitä! Sisko sanoi, että näytän piparkakulta..

Tänään vietämme Suomen 95:ttä itsenäisyyspäivää. Emme juhli Joonaksen kanssa tätä mitenkään
erityisemmin, emme edes tajunneet ostaa mitään juhlaruokia. Polttelen kynttilöitä ja kuuntelen sota-
ajan musiikkia. Saa nähdä, jakselisinko katsoa myös jonkun sota-ajasta kertovan elokuvan tai
linnanjuhlia.

Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää!

 (Translation: We had a small christmas party with my classmates yesterday, and this is
what I wore. I bought that red fabric from the thrift store, and made a circle skirt. I like it
a lot! My sister said I look like a gingerbread..

It is 95th Independence Day of Finland. We don't celebrate it with anything special, we didn't
even remember to buy any special food or sweets. I will light the candles and listen war-time music.
I think I will watch some Finnish war-time movie too.

Happy Independence day, Finns! )

 Wearing: Red circle skirt with bows - made by me
White peter pan collar blouse - thrifted
Red dotty bow - a gift from my sister
Petticoat - Flora Wedding (ebay)


 Kuinka te vietätte itsenäisyyspäivää? :)

Here's my favourite Finnish war-time song, with english lyrics!


36 comments:

  1. Totally adorable!! The hair, the bow, the skirt... fantastic Sara <3

    Muuuua

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely look Sara and the photos are great!! I love the last photo???

    Love, Maria
    www.imavintagebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit, as always! I loved the fabric, it's really pretty.

    have a nice day! xoxo

    Marcela

    www.glamour-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Have a nice day you too !:)

      Delete
  4. i adore the skirt! you have one of the cutest styles ever lady!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finnish Independence Day is worth celebrating! My mother came to Sweden from Helsinki during WWII. You are so beautiful with your pale skin, your nordic colors and your exquisite fashionstyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and that's fascinating !! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Happy Independence day!
    Love that skirt, the fabric is fabulous and it's so fulla nd pretty! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable outfit, perfect for twirling!
    A very happy Independence day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so cute! I love that outfit! :d

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, everything about this outfit is so, so wonderfully cute. You look like you could easily have just come from the North Pole (I say that as a wholly positive thing) and are the absolute picture of wintry sweetness.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely amazing on these pics! I love the way your hair looks with white shirts and this skirt is oh-so-pretty! In fact, your example inspired me to try and sew myself a circle skirt! :)

    Congratulations on Independence Day (not sure how you congratulate one on Independence day but yay!)

    xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! :D I recommend you to try, it is propably the easiest skirt I've ever sewn !:)

      Delete
  11. Happy Independence Day Finnland! Love your style and also your country so much! Must be really proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I loove Finland too, even though in SOME occasions I am not proud to be one..:D

      Delete
  12. Hello,
    I just found your darling blog, and became your newest follower. Everything here is so pretty! I look forward to reading your future posts soon. I hope you are enjoying the countdown to Christmas.
    Love,
    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you very much, I am so happy that you like my blog!
      Have a happy christmas! :)

      Delete
  13. Happy Independence Day! Your skirt is adorable- and you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking very sweet my dear! Love the cute red bow tie! :) Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
    May x
    www.walkinginmay.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/walkinginmay.blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. That skirt is amazing, you make the nicest circle skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially like that last spinning image - with a skirt as perfectly circular as your wonderful creation, it simply has to be twirled like this! Hope you enjoyed an extremely happy Independence day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I did enjoy our independence day! :)

      Delete
  17. CUTE! I can't believe you made that! I've got to get on board with making my own circle skirt very soon. You look so festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So late I missed the party! Hope you had a wonderful time, you looked incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Vix! :) I had a wonderful day!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments!
Feel free to leave one! But please, behave and don't insult me.. Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sarah DeLicatease

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...